Click to find out who the lucky winner of our $2,500 cash prize winner is from the Bigger & Better at Bucars RV Sale!
We could have written a nice long article about winter RV storage, a Fall RV maintenance guide or “what NOT to do” to make sure your RV is in good shape for Spring. Instead, here’s a bulleted list and a Download for your convenience. Enjoy.
- Make sure it’s winterized
- Clean roof
- Clean solar panels
- Clean exterior and apply UV protectant (if no diamond cote)
- Clean, and Service, and store above freezing and charge every 2-3 months
- Apply UV protection to tires or cover from sun
- Clean out fridge and leave open
- Cover roof A/C
- Use a dehumidifier
- Disconnect propane tank from hoses
- Store 7-way plug in clean dry place (on towables)
- Clean RV slide tops, slide-toppers and awnings
- Close all doors windows and vents
- Cover it with an RV cover or tarp
- Cover the wheels
- Do some quick fixes so you don’t have to in the spring
- Store it in a safe place
- Use Mouse Free mouse repellant
- Throw dryer sheets through out unit. Fresh come spring and helps deter mice
- Lube slide seals
- Leave antifreeze in bowl of toilet
- Remove shower heads
- Place steel wool in any openings to the outside
- Apply tape to positive battery connections to prevent arcing
- Add fuel stabilizer for engines (motorized) and generators
- Clean throughout unit so it’s ready for spring!
Can you think of anything we missed? Leave a comment below with your own tips.