Enjoy a coffee, stock up on your camping essentials in our Parts Store, or simply stay in the driver’s seat while we take care of your RV Winterization. Book your spot today, appointments are filling up fast!
We could have written a nice long article about winter RV storage, a Fall RV maintenance guide or “what NOT to do” to make sure your RV is in good shape for Spring. Instead, here’s a bulleted list and a Download for your convenience. Enjoy.
- Make sure it’s winterized
- Clean roof
- Clean solar panels
- Clean exterior and apply UV protectant (if no diamond cote)
- Clean, and Service, and store above freezing and charge every 2-3 months
- Apply UV protection to tires or cover from sun
- Clean out fridge and leave open
- Cover roof A/C
- Use a dehumidifier
- Disconnect propane tank from hoses
- Store 7-way plug in clean dry place (on towables)
- Clean RV slide tops, slide-toppers and awnings
- Close all doors windows and vents
- Cover it with an RV cover or tarp
- Cover the wheels
- Do some quick fixes so you don’t have to in the spring
- Store it in a safe place
- Use Mouse Free mouse repellant
- Throw dryer sheets through out unit. Fresh come spring and helps deter mice
- Lube slide seals
- Leave antifreeze in bowl of toilet
- Remove shower heads
- Place steel wool in any openings to the outside
- Apply tape to positive battery connections to prevent arcing
- Add fuel stabilizer for engines (motorized) and generators
- Clean throughout unit so it’s ready for spring!
Can you think of anything we missed? Leave a comment below with your own tips.