Find your dream RV & make it the summer of your dreams with Bucars RV! Tons of in-store savings & specials all weekend long!
Traditional camping food, such as hot dogs and burgers are great, but after the third or fourth day they can get a little old. Here are a few healthier and fun-to-make alternatives that will take your camping meals from greasy to gourmet.
Breakfast in a Jar
This is everything you need to kick-start your day and give your body the energy it needs to get through an active day in the great outdoors.
Prepare this recipe the night before.
1 cup fresh raspberries
3 tablespoons raw honey
1 tablespoon fresh squeezed lemon juice
(Or replace the top three with jam)
4 tablespoons chia seeds
2 cups rolled or quick oats
2 cups of milk
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- Raspberry Chia Jam: Mash together the raspberries, 1 tablespoon of honey and lemon juice. Once a jam consistency, stir in 2 tablespoons of chia seeds, cover and refrigerate overnight. If you don’t have fresh ingredients, raspberry or strawberry jam will work as well.
- Oats: Combine oats, milk, 2 tablespoons of chia seeds, vanilla and 2 tablespoons of honey (this can vary depending on how sweet you like your oats). Mix together, cover and refrigerate overnight.
- In the morning layer the oats with the raspberry chia jam. Garnish with fresh raspberries, blueberries or nuts if desired.
This is the perfect mid-day pick-me-up to rejuvenate your energy level and give yourself a tasty cheesy treat.
3 Tablespoons olive oil
1 pre-baked pizza crust
8 ounces Italian sausage
¼ teaspoon salt
¼ teaspoon pepper
1 tablespoon fresh or dried thyme leaves
½ tablespoon dried basil leaves
½ tomato sauce
1 ½ cups shredded pizza cheese
2 tablespoon grated Parmesan cheese
1 Tomato (sliced or diced)
1 Green Pepper (diced)
- Heat a charcoal or campfire grill to medium (about 350 degrees F) or set up a camp stove and use medium heat. Warm a large heavy frying pan until hot, then oil bottom and sides. Toast pizza crust (cheesy side down, if there is one), pressing down on edges, until crunchy and golden on bottom, 4 to 5 minutes.
- Spread pizza sauce on the crust and then add the onions, sausage, salt, pepper, tomato’s, green pepper and thyme. Sprinkle dried basil over top all of the ingredients.
- Add the cheese finishing off with parmesan
- Return the pizza to the heat. Cook, covered with lid or foil, until cheese begins to melt (check underside to be sure it doesn’t burn). This should take approximately 5 to 8 minutes.
- Remove the pizza from the heat and transfer it to a serving platter. Let cool for 2 minutes then cut and serve.
Homemade Trail Mix Protein Granola Bars
Snacking is important, in order to maintain your energy levels, especially when you are being active. These homemade granola bars are tasty and the perfect treat to keep you going till dinner.
1 cup rolled or quick oats
3 x 30 gram scoops of whey protein
½ cup trail mix (chopped)
½ cup natural peanut butter
¼ cup honey
¼ cup water
- Preheat your RV oven to 325 degrees F and line cookie sheet with parchment paper
- Mix all ingredients in a large bowl until fully blended
- Roll onto cookie sheet until it is about 1 inch thick
- Bake for 14 minutes, then remove and cut into bars and separate them so they are not touching. Return to oven and bake for another 14 minutes until they are golden brown. Remove from oven, let cool and enjoy.
Single Serving Campfire Chicken Stew
This stew is the perfect meal to cap off a day of adventuring. It’s easy to make and makes single servings so there is little to no clean up!
A bunch of cut up chicken
3 potatoes, peeled and diced
1 cup thinly sliced carrots
1 green pepper (diced)
1 can cream of mushroom soup
¼ cup water
Salt and pepper to taste
- Grill chicken, potatoes, carrots and green pepper over medium campfire heat for 5 minutes.
- Divide mixture between 4 aluminum foil packets.
- Add soup, water, salt and pepper to each packet and fold the foil around the mixture and seal tightly
- Place on grill (or just toss in the coals) for 20-25 minutes. Open carefully to allow the steam to escape and enjoy!
The Ultimate S’more
We know this is not the healthiest of treats, but lets be honest, no camping trip is complete without the ultimate S’more.
Raspberries & Blueberries (for garnish)
Any other delectable treat that will fit between two graham wafers – be creative!
- Toast your marshmallow until golden brown
- Have the Nutella and caramel sauce prepared on two graham wafers
- Press the marshmallow between the graham wafers and enjoy!