Save over $50,000! Shop our selection of winter-approved motorhomes. Don’t miss the unbeatable discounts, schedule your VIP Viewing today!
Bucars RV Dealership is proud to be celebrating an exciting milestone in 2019. Bucars is celebrating its 60th anniversary as an RV Dealership. We have planted our roots here in Calgary, and we have been proud to serve RV owners and enthusiasts from the very beginning.
We cannot thank our customers enough for giving us the opportunity to help them create RVing memories that are going to last a lifetime. It’s been our pleasure serving you for all of these years, and we cannot wait to help you create more memories with your families in the future.
Over the years, Bucars RV has seen some big changes, just like the city of Calgary. It’s been an exciting ride up to this point, but we wouldn’t change any of it for the world. To commemorate our anniversary, we’re going to take a look back at the events that have helped shaped Bucars RV to become what it is today.
1959 – The Opening of Bucars RV Dealership
- Stan Bucar opens Bucars RV on 16th Ave in Calgary, AB.
- One of the first Bucars RVs sold, a 1959 Shasta.
1960 – Bucar’s First Move
- In its first year of operations, Bucars RV moved from its 16th Ave location to 2720 Barlow Trail NE.
1975 – Bucars Still Growing
- After many years of helping Calgarians create RVing memories, Bucars moved from it’s Barlow Trail location to 2008 McKnight Blvd.
1976 – New Frontiers for Bucars
- In 1976, Bucars started carrying the legendary Boler trailer. A Canadian built trailer that became a big name in the RV industry with its iconic looks and fibreglass construction.
Late 1980’s – New Ownership for Bucars
- In 1989, the Redmond family purchased Bucars RV from the founder, Stan Bucar.
The Early 90’s – RVDA Alberta
- From 1993 – 1996, Bucars RV owner Bill Redmond served two terms as the president of the RVDA of Alberta.
The Late 90’s – RVDA Canada and Dealer History
- After many years at the McKnight Blvd location, Bucars moved to Meridian Road NE in 1996.
- Bill Redmond served as the president of the RVDA of Canada from 1996 – 1998.
- In 1999, Bucars bought back one of the first Bucars RVs that was sold, the 1959 Shasta and restored it to its original condition.
- In 1999, Bill Redmond and Bucars was named the RVDA Dealer of the year for Alberta & Canada.
The Early 2000’s – Board Service and New Opportunities
- In 2000, Bill Redmond was one of the founding members of the RV Care Dealer Network.
- Bill Redmond served on the board of RV Care Ltd for 17 years. He served as President and the Board Chair from 2000 – 2017.
- Bill Redmond served as the chairman of the Alberta Motor Vehicle Council from 2001 – 2005.
- In 2002, Bucars RV Purchased Cal Tech RV to increase its service capabilities and continue to deliver the best possible service to Calgarians.
- For 11 years, Kyle Redmond served on the board of the RVDA of Alberta.
- From 2003 to 2004, Jeff Redmond served as the President of the RVDA of Alberta.
- From 2004 – 2017, Jeff Redmond also served as a board member of Go-RVing Canada.
- In 2004, Jeff Redmond and Bucars was named the RVDA of Alberta Dealer of the Year.
2005 – Bucars Makes the Move just North of Calgary
- In 2005, Bucars RV Dealership moved just north of Calgary to their current Balzac location. This location features a 14,000 sq/ft showroom and 19,000 sq/ft service department on a 12-acre lot with a mini putt golf course.
The Late 2000’s – Bucars Provides more Value to its Customers
- In 2007, Bucars became the Tiffin Motorhome Dealer for the Prairie Region.
- In 2008, Bucars added Newmar to its exceptional line of Motorhomes.
- In 2009, Bucars added RV storage as an additional service for its customers.
Early 2010’s – Bucars continues to Excel
- In 2010, Bucars RV was named the Top National Dealer for K-Z Inc.
- In 2011, Jeff Redmond and Bucars was named the RVDA of Alberta Dealer of the Year.
- In 2012, the first edition of the Bucars RV Magazine was published.
- From 2012 – 2013, Kyle Redmond served as the President of the RVDA of Alberta.
- In 2013, Kyle Redmond and Bucars was named the RVDA of Alberta Dealer of the Year.
- From 2013 – 2015, Jeff Redmond served as the chair of Go-RVing Canada.
- From 2013 – 2015, Bucars RV was also one of the Top 10 Venture RV Dealers.
- From 2013 – 2014, Kyle Redmond served as the Chair of the RVDA of Canada.
Late 2010’s – Bucars is Recognized for its Service
- In 2010, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017 and 2018, Bucars RV won the Top 50 RV Dealer Business Award of North America.
- In 2016, Jeff Redmond joined the board of the RV Care Network.
Bucars RV is an Award Winning Calgary RV Dealership
Bucars RV Dealership has been working hard for decades to deliver as much value as possible to RV owners and enthusiasts in Calgary. We don’t just sell and service RV’s; we take pride in serving each of our customers to the best of our ability. Because of our dedication to serving our customers, we are proud to have been recognized by RV manufacturers and other organizations with some prestigious awards.
Some of the awards we have won for our outstanding service include:
- The Top K-Z Inc. National Dealer from 2010 – Present
- Top 10 Venture RV Dealer from 2013 – 2015
- RVDA Top 50 Dealer 6 years in a row.
- Many Tiffin RV Top Dealer Awards.
At Bucars RV, we are proud to have received these awards along with countless others for our years of hard work and dedication. However, nothing is as satisfying as helping our customers create lasting RVing memories that are going to last a lifetime. It’s been an honour getting to serve Calgary and the rest of Alberta for the last 60 years, and we can’t wait to continue to serve RVers far into the future.
If you are looking for a new RV, parts for your current RV or service, it’s time to take a trip to Bucars RV Dealership just north of Calgary. Our RV Experts will be happy to show you what we have to offer and why we have had so many happy customers over the last 60 years here in Calgary. If you have any questions about Bucars RV and what we have to offer, please contact us today.